Lohikeitto (Finnish Salmon Soup)
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 leek, green and white parts only
- 4 cups fish stock
- 1 lb potatoes cubed
- 1 carrot
- 1 lb salmon
- 1 cup cream
- 1 dill
1. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the leeks and cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes, until wilted.
2. Add the stock, potatoes, and carrots. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until softened and fork-tender, depending on the size of the vegetables.
3. Add the salmon and cream and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through; season with salt and pepper.
4. Divide the soup among bowls. Top with the dill.